Before the Install
- It is recommended to wash all hair. (If a custom unit is made hair is already washed.)
- Proclaim Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner
Recommended Leave In Conditioners
- One & Only Argon Oil 12-1
- When styling with heat, use a heat protectant spray. We recommend our very own Butter Effect Heat Protectant Spray, it gives all hair that soft butter feel. Hair is not recommended to be styled with heat every day.
- When brushing hair start from tip to root.
- Flexi-rod, wrap, loosely braid or twist hair at night in big sections OR just take it off if its a unit. Doing this helps your extension last longer and saves on the maintenance time during the day.
- Use a satin scarf or bonnet.
- Wash hair every week for best results.
- When washing lace closures or frontals, DO NOT SCRUB. Scrubbing lace will create thinning and bald spots.
- Gently massage hair.
Natural Hair Care
- When wearing extensions, please continue to maintain your natural hair underneath. A wig will never replace your natural hairstylist.
- Pay attention to the way wig and stocking caps are placed.
- Remove laces with gentleness and proper products.
- Make sure your real hair actually dries underneath when washing extensions that are attached.
- Continue to apply moisture to your real hair and scalp.
- When taking down braids or twists underneath use oil and water to help with the take down process.